Website Accessibility Technology For The Disabled
All businesses would like to support those with disabilities and not only because it can be good for business, but because most of us want to help anyone in need. While there has been great progress in the physical world, enter modern times and the question becomes how can we provide reliable website accessibility online – for all types of disability? For the average business, the cost to code an entire website >> compliant to ADA standards << is not only cost-prohibitive but a potentially never-ending process and cost. Read on because this is not only a technology challenge but it has become a legal challenge for business owners.
“Disabled” is defined as anybody with blindness and low vision, color blindness, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, cognitive limitations, limited movement, speech disabilities, photo-sensitivity to certain colors, AND/OR any combination of them. Contrary to what some may believe this is not only support for the blind, but a whole lot more.
For a small to medium-sized business interested in building a website, the cost to include what are a broad set of complicated website accessibility standards (defined here WCAG 2.1) is not only cost-prohibitive but a potentially never-ending process & cost.
So, what options are there?
Website Accessibility Application For The Disabled
In order to both support those with all of the above-listed disabilities (affordably, thoroughly, on an ongoing basis) AND ALSO to protect a business from demand lawsuits related to their accessibility we have looked at a number of different solutions. Many are costly and incomplete, but there are basic solutions to complete artificial intelligence/machine learning web accessibility applications out there.
Top Application benefits might include:
- ADA, WCAG 2.1 Level AA& Section 508 compliance
- Live Website Accessibility Application, available via clickable icon
- Scans of your website every 24 hours (without changing website design or code)
- Cooperation with widely used screen reading software
- And a great deal more!
Please ask us about your options today!
The Legal Challenge: ADA * WCAG
According to ADA title III, published materials produced by a business (website included??) must be accessible to people with disabilities. And while the responsibilities online have yet to be defined by the law, the fact is a business may risk unnecessary legal expenses if they don’t get up to speed. Unfortunately, there is a growing list of business owners facing legal challenges in the area of website accessibility making recognition of the situation – necessary!
Other Useful Accessibility Information
- How To Add Alt Text Descriptions to Website Images: https://kineticknowledge.com/how-to-add-alt-text-to-website-images/
- How To Transcribe Video ln YouTube: https://kineticknowledge.com/how-to-transcribe-videos-on-youtube/
- N.A.R. “Window to the Law: ADA and Website Accessibility Update”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJsJOHvjpJo
- Inspiration @ MSFT: news.microsoft.com/stories/people/jenny-lay-flurrie
There’s a difference when you work with Kinetic Knowledge:
- We will never be a large distant provider with infuriating phone systems;
- We listen, ask questions and share the information a client needs in order to make informed marketing decisions;
- With Kinetic there are no traps, no long term contracts and we recommend ownership & control of your digital assets;
- We have no conflict of interest for any proprietary themes or applications, and we ONLY recommend the current & best technology solutions;
- We take a long-term view with client web-based assets;
- We respect budgets so that a client’s resources are never wasted;
- We execute with a team that is not only responsive to but familiar with a client’s business;
- We offer a personal approach; our clients benefit from follow-through, accountability, and the belief at Kinetic Knowledge™ that our clients come first – we cannot succeed unless YOU do!
Kinetic Knowledge is a full-service NJ digital marketing agency serving small to medium-sized businesses. We’ve been around 18 years, we are Monmouth County NJ based in the lovely town of Brielle. We offer Search Engine Optimization & Local SEO, Website Design & Development, Website Host & Updates Management, Website Fix, Content Development, Graphic Design, Social Media, and Search Advertising Campaigns.
SEE WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY